Even under community quarantine, children can help raise awareness about COVID-19 while staying home.
Children of all ages are invited to take part in the #COVID19GoAwayDanceAway Challenge by submitting video entries following the dance steps to the song! Parents are highly encouraged to join. Get a chance to be featured in a music video with Save the Children Ambassador, Xia Vigor!
In partnership with the European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations, we aim to encourage the participation of children in promoting hygiene practices that can prevent the spread of diseases through this initiative.
Follow the mechanics below to qualify!
1. Ask your child to sing along with and follow the dance steps of the “COVID-19 Go Away” song and record it on video! Parents are highly encouraged to join. Be sure to take the video in a landscape orientation. Find the steps here.
2. Parents of children aged 17 and below will have to submit a consent form allowing their child to participate in the dance challenge and for their entry to be included in the official music video. Download the consent form here.
3. Submit video entries and accomplished consent forms to Save the Children Philippines’ official email address: Philippines@savethechildren.org with the subject: COVID-19 Go Away Dance Away
4. The most creative and fun videos will be compiled to create the “COVID 19 Go Away” official music video. Entries will be judged following this criteria: Creativity 25%, Clarity of Execution 25%, and Impact 50%.
5. Deadline of submission of entries is on 3 June 2020, 5PM.