The #KaMinNaman or Kabataang Mindanao Naman Digital Music Festival, in partnership with SaferKidsPH, will be a venue for children in Mindanao to experience a platform of exchange, sharing of stories and reflections of their rights and desire for peace in times of crisis through song and video. #KaMinNaman forming the phrase “kami naman” which means “our turn” seeks to encourage participation of children specifically those who are in conflict affected areas in BARMM and other vulnerable communities in Mindanao.
The Song Writing-Music Video Competition is open to all (10-17 year-old) novice, amateur and professional children/youth artist, residing in Mindanao. Residents in BARMM are strongly encouraged to join.
Employees of Save the Children Philippines, including their relatives up to the second degree of consanguinity or affinity, are disqualified from joining the competition.
1. The song with music video must be the original composition of the participants (lyrics/message, musical arrangement). Entries can ask help or collaborate with adult artists as long as 70% of the work (song composition, performance, acting, shooting and editing etc.) should be performed by the children participants.
2. All languages are welcome as long as English subtitles are provided.
3. Open to all genre such as Pop, Jazz, Ballad, Classical, Soul, Blues, R&B and Rap. We also encourage participants to explore the use of indigenous/ethnic instruments and/or rhythms.
4. Themes of the entries must revolve around messages on online safety promotion, children’s protection and participation.
5. Any number of musical instruments may be used.
4. Song and video entries must not exceed three (3) minutes, including intro. Entries must be submitted in full accompaniment version.
5. Recording and video shooting must be limited to indoors or exclusive locations. We strongly discourage participants to shoot in marketplaces, malls, parks, hospitals and other public places. Production crew including actors in the music video entries must not exceed 5 people. Health and safety Covid-19 protocols should be strictly followed.
5. Entries submitted in previous competitions or commercially released (i.e., recorded and commercially distributed, sold to the public or uploaded in any online/social media platforms) are disqualified.
6. Words and visuals with registered trademarks/brand names, as well as explicit and offensive lyrics and images, are strictly not allowed.
7. All entries (musical composition/arrangement) shall be considered final once submitted, and cannot be modified or altered prior to the selection and announcement of winners.
1. Entries should be submitted via Google Drive, Dropbox and WeTrasfer links in high definition and audible vocal rendition, exported in mp4 format. Entries should be sent to Save the Children Official email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Song lyrics should be printed in Microsoft word, sent along together with the ff:
a) Name of sender (e.g. composer(s), lyricist(s) and/or arranger(s))
c) Contact numbers
3. Children participants must fill up the Save the Children consent form with parents’/guardians’ signature and forward it together with the other requirements as mentioned above.
4. Song with music video entries, lyric sheets, and other requirements submitted to Save the Children Philippines are returnable, except for the entries that are qualified in the competition.
The submitter shall keep the copyright of their works, but shall grant Save the Children usage of their videos in its online platforms for purposes related to the contest and other advocacy initiatives.
The top 10 entries shall grant Save the Children exclusive usage of the song and video for two (2) years, including but not limited to social media, radio, and TV spots.
1. Selection of 10 entries will be announced 2 weeks before November 28, 2020.
2. The 10 selected entries will be premiered and awarded in a Digital Concert Event for the Children’s Month 2020 celebration on November 28, 2020.
3. Board of judges for the competition will be organized. Decisions of the panel will be final and un-appealable.
E. CRITERIA FOR JUDGING:
1. Content - 50%
2. Voice Quality and Musicality – 25%
3. Visual Impact – 15%
4. Originality – 10%
Total - 100%
F. PRIZES (All will receive plaques)
First Prize Php 40, 000
Second Prize Php 30, 000
Third Prize Php 20, 000
(7) Consolation Prize – Php 5,000 each
Deadline: November 16, 2020
Announcement of top 10 – November 18, 2020
Awarding - November 28, 2020